Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teddd

Default Tabs: Change font size?

Is it possible to change the size of the text within an Excel tab? If so, how?

I'm working with a large spreadsheet that has over 60 worksheets. I would
like to reduce the size of the tab width by reducing the text size.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Change font size?

It's a windows setting under startsettingscontrol paneldisplay and
appearance (advanced if you are using xp), or right click desktop and select
properties and look for scrollbar and change font size but since it is a
windows seting it will change the scrollbar size and other applications as
well

Peo Sjoblom

"Teddd" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the size of the text within an Excel tab? If so,

how?

I'm working with a large spreadsheet that has over 60 worksheets. I would
like to reduce the size of the tab width by reducing the text size.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teddd

Thanks for the response, Peo, however, that is a global Windows settings
change and I'd rather not change a bunch of stuff throughout Windows. I'm
really only wanting to make this change where it effects the tabs only.

"Teddd" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the size of the text within an Excel tab? If so,

how?

I'm working with a large spreadsheet that has over 60 worksheets. I would
like to reduce the size of the tab width by reducing the text size.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Teddd

This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.

The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way
up or down. The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.

Win98 as example...

Start Settings Control Panel Display Appearance(WinXP
AppearanceAdvanced)

"Item" drop down select Scrollbar

Change setting to Taste
Apply
OK

Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP