Dan

Default Pasting numbers and formulas without pasting format.

I'm having an issue with copying and pasting as well as draggin a formula
down a column. I have the rows set up to alternate colors for visual effect.
The issue I have is when copying and pasting it will undo a cells format
(changing to whatever color [and border etc] was in the copied cell.) I know
you can fix this by clicking the automatically inserted drop down box and
selecting "match destination formatting." The ammount of copying/pasting I
do with this spreadsheet would make that option take forever.

Is there a way to make the "match destination formatting" default?
Mark

I am not sure you can do it manually. You may need a macro
to do the job. If you do not get a reasonable response
from this forum, you can send your worksheet to me and
maybe I can write a macro to dothe task.

See some of my excel stuff at:
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

regards
mark

I'm having an issue with copying and pasting as well as

draggin a formula
down a column. I have the rows set up to alternate

colors for visual effect.
The issue I have is when copying and pasting it will

undo a cells format
(changing to whatever color [and border etc] was in the

copied cell.) I know
you can fix this by clicking the automatically inserted

drop down box and
selecting "match destination formatting." The ammount of

copying/pasting I
do with this spreadsheet would make that option take

forever.

Is there a way to make the "match destination formatting"

default?
.

Debra Dalgleish

When filling a formula down a column, in Excel 2002 or later versions,
point to the Fill Handle at the bottom right of the cell.

Hold the Right mouse button, and drag down
Release the mouse button, and choose Fill Without Formatting

If you're copying and pasting values, you could add the Paste Values
button to your toolbar:

Choose ToolsCustomize
Click on the Commands tab
Select the Edit category
Scroll down the list of commands to find Paste Values
Drag the Paste Values command to an existing toolbar
Click Close

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List