Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula for a data entry

i want to make a conditional formula in a cell which i want to enter a value
in the same cell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"kufo79" wrote:
i want to make a conditional formula in a cell which i want to enter a value
in the same cell

See an illustration using data validation
in the response to your later post
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"kufo79" wrote:
thank you max for ur help but the link is blocked,
please advice

Do you mean my archives link (in sign-off):
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
(sometimes savefile.com may be down, just try again later)

Or, do you mean the response posted to your later post:
Anyway, here's what I posted:

Perhaps an illustration? Suppose data is to be entered in col A, from A1
down, and we want to ensure that only numbers greater than 10 are entered.
Here's what we could do:

Select col A (A1 active)
Click Data Validation
Under Allow: choose Custom
Formula: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A110)
Click OK

Now we could test it out by trying various inputs within any cell in col A.
If we enter say in A2: 2, we'd get the error msg. If we enter 20, it gets
accepted OK. If we enter any text, say: Yes, we'd get the error msg, too. And
so on.