Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jai jai is offline

Default Macro for Bank Reconciliation

Hi,
I need help to write a macro or formulas to do reconcile two sheets.
Sheet "A" has list of all the issued cheques for the month and outstanding
cheque list from prior months. In Sheet A : column A - Cheque number, Column
B - Amount. Sheet "B" has list of cashed cheques for month given by bank. In
sheet "B" Column A - Cheque Number and Column B - Amount.
I am trying to come up with macro or formula so that cheque numbers can be
matched and column C shows the matched cheque number from Sheet A and column
D shows the amount, Column E shows the difference in amount i.e. column
b-column d. All the matched cheques should get deleted from sheet "A" so that
sheet A is outstanding list for the cheques.

Please help. Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can do matching cheques and amounts by formula but for deleting them you
need macro. My sugestion is don't delete them and leave them for your backup
just copy outstanding cheques to another sheet anyways there are another
things like deposits and bankfees and also credit cards transaction what do
you want to do for them? because you just asked for matching cheques, well I
can do it for you just send to me your file my email is

Thanks,

Farhad
--
Farhad Hodjat

"Jai" wrote:

Hi,
I need help to write a macro or formulas to do reconcile two sheets.
Sheet "A" has list of all the issued cheques for the month and outstanding
cheque list from prior months. In Sheet A : column A - Cheque number, Column
B - Amount. Sheet "B" has list of cashed cheques for month given by bank. In
sheet "B" Column A - Cheque Number and Column B - Amount.
I am trying to come up with macro or formula so that cheque numbers can be
matched and column C shows the matched cheque number from Sheet A and column
D shows the amount, Column E shows the difference in amount i.e. column
b-column d. All the matched cheques should get deleted from sheet "A" so that
sheet A is outstanding list for the cheques.

Please help. Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jai jai is offline

Hi Farhad,
Thanks for your reply, We have 4 different bank accounts, One account is for
all general transactions like bank fees, credit cards etc. Three Bank
accounts are only for cheque clearing. I need to reconcile three cheque
clearing bank accounts which is to compare issued cheques and cashed cheques
then prepare a outstanding cheques list.
I will e-mail you my file soon. Please help me with formula or macro
Thanks
Jai