Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charting?

I have a graph with two y-axis'. On one side I have lbs/hr. on the
right axis I have efficiency for the production line. I want to add
the cost for that specific day, but I only want to add the $ value by
itself for the specific date. I don't want it to reflect along the y-
axis, since it may be a negative number, among other things.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

How about adding them as data labels, since you don't want them to effect
the chart. You could put some dummy data points out, with y values that
place the prices where you want them. Display data labels for these point,
but with data labels displaying the price figures not the actual point
values. Download the XL Chart Labeler utility from the internet to help you
do this.

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

You might choose to set the data points used in the above series to display
no border and no fill, therefore you would only see the prices.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

" wrote:

I have a graph with two y-axis'. On one side I have lbs/hr. on the
right axis I have efficiency for the production line. I want to add
the cost for that specific day, but I only want to add the $ value by
itself for the specific date. I don't want it to reflect along the y-
axis, since it may be a negative number, among other things.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

" wrote:
I have a graph with two y-axis'. *On one side I have lbs/hr. on the
right axis I have efficiency for the production line. *I want to add
the cost for that specific day, but I only want to add the $ value by
itself for the specific date. *I don't want it to reflect along the y-
axis, since it may be a negative number, among other things.

Thanks in advance for the help!- Hide quoted text -

What type of graph do I have to use to graph the dummy variables. I'm
not sure how to do that, I get how to exclude the fill and border and
it makes sense. I just don't know how to graph the dummy data
points.