Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Print area defined

I've search the answer to this.... maybe I didn't use the right
keywords.

I've set print areas in 3 sheets, each a little different. I want to
see where they are so I can change them without reseting them and
printing out each one over and over till I get them where I want them
again. Can I set these areas to be outlined some way?

Thanks
Johnnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JLatham wrote:
Have you tried
View | Page Break View

" wrote:

I've search the answer to this.... maybe I didn't use the right
keywords.

I've set print areas in 3 sheets, each a little different. I want to
see where they are so I can change them without reseting them and
printing out each one over and over till I get them where I want them
again. Can I set these areas to be outlined some way?

Thanks
Johnnie

That works. I thought there was supposed to be a dash-line around the
print area. I've read where people have tried to get rid of it but not
how to get it.

Anyway, your suggestion is close enough for my purpose. Thanks very
much.

Johnnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Usually the dashed area will appear, and you can usually force it with a
Print Preview. But the option I asked about is a sure and certain way.

" wrote:

JLatham wrote:
Have you tried
View | Page Break View

" wrote:

I've search the answer to this.... maybe I didn't use the right
keywords.

I've set print areas in 3 sheets, each a little different. I want to
see where they are so I can change them without reseting them and
printing out each one over and over till I get them where I want them
again. Can I set these areas to be outlined some way?

Thanks
Johnnie

That works. I thought there was supposed to be a dash-line around the
print area. I've read where people have tried to get rid of it but not
how to get it.

Anyway, your suggestion is close enough for my purpose. Thanks very
much.

Johnnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JLatham wrote:
Usually the dashed area will appear, and you can usually force it with a
Print Preview. But the option I asked about is a sure and certain way.

I probably shouldn't admit this. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody ever
answers a question for me again. Next time, you'll probably all laugh
and say, "Never mind, that's just Groaner. Just sit back and wait for
his brain to unfog."

Anyway, here's my confession. I didn't set a print area. I coded it in
a commandbutton - and forgot. Oops!

Johnnie