Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I remove/edit a huge page number in the middle of a workshe

I use Excel 2007. I have a huge page number in the middle of my worksheet. It
covers about a dozen cells and is dark gray. It is apparently not in the
background because "remove background" is not available. It is also
apparently not a watermark since the page number changes when the page
changes. It is in neither a header nor a footer. What is this thing and how
can I remove or edit it?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to the 'View'menu and click on 'Normal'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"dns324" wrote:

I use Excel 2007. I have a huge page number in the middle of my worksheet. It
covers about a dozen cells and is dark gray. It is apparently not in the
background because "remove background" is not available. It is also
apparently not a watermark since the page number changes when the page
changes. It is in neither a header nor a footer. What is this thing and how
can I remove or edit it?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I remove/edit a huge page number in the middle of a wor

For 2007 it would be under View--Workbook Views

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"dns324" wrote:

I use Excel 2007. I have a huge page number in the middle of my worksheet. It
covers about a dozen cells and is dark gray. It is apparently not in the
background because "remove background" is not available. It is also
apparently not a watermark since the page number changes when the page
changes. It is in neither a header nor a footer. What is this thing and how
can I remove or edit it?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The why of it................You are in PageBreak view and the number cannot
be removed.

Change to Normal view as Jacob points out.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP