Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy

Default Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another?

I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Kuunders

You need to open both files.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a
sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move
the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy

Both files are open.

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

You need to open both files.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a
sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move
the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy

That worked. Both files have to be opened together, instead of separately
through Excel.

Thanks.

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

You need to open both files.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a
sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move
the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Kuunders

I've tried to get the same symptom by protecting workbooks etc............no
luck.
Other way to move a sheet is after arranging the windows.
<window< arrange< tiled.
hold control and drag a tab across.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"Kathy" wrote in message
Both files are open.

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

You need to open both files.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a
sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function
in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to
move
the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi kathy ,when u open u r work sheet , select the work sheet whould like to
move & use shortcut Key " Alt + E + M " after pressing this short cut key u
will find a dilog box , in that dilog box u can select the the place where u
would like to move u r work sheet & than press ok,