Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do i click on a cell for a tick symbol to appear & dissapear?

As in checking things off (a tick) in that particular column...I am using
microsoft excel 2003.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As in checking things off (a tick) in that particular column...I am
using microsoft excel 2003.

One way is to start with the "Forms" tool bar. Make this appear by right-
clicking in the toolbar area and checking "Forms."

Click on the check box in the Forms tool bar and then click in the
spreadsheet. This should make a check box appear. You can move it around
and resize it.

Then, using
Right-click Format Control
you can change its appearance and behavior.

Most interesting is Format Control's "Control" tab. Using it, you can
assign a "Cell link," choosing a worksheet cell to store the state of the
check box (checked or not). This lets you do calculations based on this
state.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 6, 7:36*pm, exceluser
wrote:
As in checking things off (a tick) in that particular column...I am using
microsoft excel 2003.

Thanks

I just use cell shading as a tickmark when comparing onscreen data
with something on paper. Or a narrow helper column and use whatever
symbol you like.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about something like this. I use this in my check register to insert a
"X" to show cleared transactions.

Double click on a cell within the range and a "X" is entered. Double click
on the same cell and the "X" is removed.

Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)

Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo sub_exit
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("E2:E10000")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value = "X" Then
.Value = ""
Else
.Value = "X"
End If
End With
Cancel = True
End If
sub_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

To use this...
Right click on the sheet tab where you want this to work
Select View Code
Copy/paste the above code into the window that opens
Close the window to return to Excel

The above code is set to work in the range E2:E10000. Change the range to
suit your needs.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"exceluser" wrote in message
As in checking things off (a tick) in that particular column...I am using
microsoft excel 2003.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do i click on a cell for a tick symbol to appear & dissape

Also, right click on the check box and select

format cell

Now got to control tab.
and in the cell link put the cell reference where you want the checkbox's
result. You can use the result for further analysis.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak