Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMS JMS is offline

Default Synchronizing multiple worksheets in a workbook (Excel 2003)

I am working on a 'database' type application in Excel. Sheet1 would have
name, address, phone, etc. To avoid having a very wide worksheet, I would
like to put some of the individual's data on Sheet2. Perhaps some fields
from Sheet1 would be repeated on Sheet2. My question is this: Is there a
way to 'synchronize' Sheet1 and Sheet2 so that if I insert a row, delete a
row or sort the rows in Sheet1, a similar action will automatically be taken
on the rows in Sheet2?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not reliably and not easily.

I know I do my best to keep my data in a single location (worksheet). Then use
data|filter or data|sort to get different views of what I want.

--

Dave Peterson