Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WCM WCM is offline

Default Pivot Table - Use Other Pivot Table as Data Source

Hi,

I know that I can create a new pivot table and use a second pivot table as
the data source so that refreshing one pivot table will refresh both. This
sheme also reduces the workbook size.

Question: I inadvertently created 3 pivot tables, each connected to the
original data source. Is there a way to re-define the data source for
pivot_2 and pivot_3 so that they use pivot_1 as the data source (to reduce
workbook size and also so I can refresh only one pivot and cause refresh in
all three pivots)?

Thanks in advance ....

bill m.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WCM WCM is offline

Got the answer from an associate:

right click on pivot table
pivot table wizard
BACK
BACK (a second time - that's what I was missing)

{bill m}