Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel VBA open with Password

I have a file that I have changed the options to ask for password to
modify. But anyone can open the file as read only. I want to make
changes with a macro to eliminate human error. I want the workbook to
be protected but I need the code to open the file so it can make
changes. How is this accomplished? I tried but this is if it has a
password to open.
Workbooks.Open "G:\DPE-IPE\DPE REVISIONS\New Dpe.xls", Password:="Jay"

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

jlclyde wrote:

I have a file that I have changed the options to ask for password to
modify. *But anyone can open the file as read only. *I want to make
changes with a macro to eliminate human error. *I want the workbook to
be protected but I need the code to open the file so it can make
changes. *How is this accomplished? *I tried but this is if it has a
password to open.
Workbooks.Open "G:\DPE-IPE\DPE REVISIONS\New Dpe.xls", Password:="Jay"

Thanks in advance,
Jay

--

Dave Peterson

Dave,
Thank you for your keen insight. That fixed it nicely. Do you work
for google? If this is your job, how does one go about getting it?

Thanks,
Jay