Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem not counting duplicates

Excel 2003
Ok, I receive info regarding patients in a hospital setting, the pt being
identified by Medical Record Number.
I need to know the number of pts on a vent in a month, then the compliance
to several different tasks on those patients. (# of yes answers divided by
the total number of pts) The problem is that a lot of the info is duplicated.
I have a formula to disregard the duplicate med rec numbers:
=sumproduct((range<"")/countif(range,range&""))
this works fine to count the number of patients for the month without
counting duplicates.
How can I count the number of yes/no answers in other columns without
counting the duplicates? I don't know how to put that together successfully.
thanks, Meenie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

see your other post

--