Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave in Des Moines

Default Hot key for time?

I have an employee who needs to complete a time ananlysis where he records
how much time he spends on various tasks each day. I thought the simplest way
to do it would be to create "hot key" in Excel, so he could point to a cell,
hit a key (say, F8, or shift-F8) to put the current time in the cell.

Let's say the worksheet has three columns: Start time, End time, and Task.
When he gets to work, he manually enters the start time in the top cell of
the Start Time column, then relocates the focus to the adjacent End Time
cell. When he changes tasks, he hits the hot key, and it records the current
time in both that cell and the next row's Start Time cell. Then he enters the
task in the third column.

Then, I can create a simple formula to calculate the length of each task.

Any idea how I could do this?

Thanks!

dc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Ctrl+Shift+: will input the current time. Is that any use?

Andy.

"Dave in Des Moines" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions