Mighty Magpie

Default Removing errors from a Pivot table

I apologise if this has been asked before, but Could someone please advise
me how to remove items from within a pivot table

The first box of my pivot table has a pull down arrow which if I click on,
it shows all the info it has found. at the top of the info there is a box
which says "Show all"

Beside each individual entry there is a tick box which results in the info
either being used by the table (if ticked) or ignored by the table (if left
clear)

After several months of use there are now lots of these items which I will
never refer to again and I would dearly love to delete them from the pivot
table without having to delete anything from the sheet that the pivot table
has collected the data from.

I know that I can just leave the tick boxes clear and the data will get
ignored by the pivot table, but apart from anything else, it looks untidy

Is there a fix?

Many thanks

Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable
dropdown list:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List