Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default paste special

Dear Friends

Suppose if I have different values in cell A1:A100 and I want to divide all
of them by 10 and get the result rounded to 2 decimal place . how can I do
that by using paste special commend

regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Probably best to do this the other way round. First, select your column
and format it so that the numbers are rounded to two decimal places:
Format Cells Number Number

Once this is done, in an empty cell type 10, then copy this. Select
your column again and do: Edit Paste Special Divide

That should sort it.

HTH,

SamuelT

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav Dav is offline

type 10 in a cell select it the copy paste special choose divide and
paste over the range a1:a100, then just format the range to 2 d.p

Regards

Dav

--
Dav