Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why do all my calculations/formulas equal zero?

I've recently been upgraded to excel 2003 and when I open a file I'd been
working on in excel 97 any formula entered has the result '0'. Even if I go
to a blank cell and type '=1+1' the answer is still 0.

Any ideas anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

format the cell where you typed =1+1 to a number with 2 decimal places
and tell us what you get

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tried that just says 0.00. Also I've opened a new blank file and have the
same problems. A collegue has also created a file with a few simple sums and
saved it, when I open this file the answers display correctly however if i
add any new calculations the answer is zero.

"robert111" wrote:

format the cell where you typed =1+1 to a number with 2 decimal places
and tell us what you get

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560602

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is it set for Manual calculation? Check the Tools, Options, Calculation tab

Sheila
www.c-i-m-s.com
MS Office training - London