Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Traci

Default Extend series

I am needing to find a way to 'extend a series' for an entire column with
multiple numbers without having to extend each series individually.

Here's basically what I have: Here's what I need it to look like:

345 345
(blank cell) 345
(blank cell) 345
(blank cell) 345
675 675
(blank cell) 675
(blank cell) 675
987 987
(blank cell) 987
(blank cell) 987
(blank cell) 987

Right now I'm have to click each number to get it to extend the series down
to the next number. Typically this wouldn't be a big hassel to do them
individually, but I'm now dealing with over 1,400 numbers and doing this
individually all the way down the column is very time consuming and making me
crazy! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for any input!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

You could use a helper column:

Assume your first number is in A1:

A1 = 345

In B1 enter 345

In B2 enter this formula and copy down as needed:

=IF(A2="",B1,A2)

Biff

"Traci" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Traci

Thank you so much for the suggestion...the only problem I've run into with
trying your formula is that I then have two seperate columns with the numbers
(as in your example, I would have individual numbers in column A and the
filled series in column B.) I've having to import this data into Microsoft
Acess, and so it has to be formatted where all the numbers are filled in the
one row instead of two. I tried to taking the individual column, A, and just
deleting it since column B had the filled series I need, but then all the
info in column B erases because column A is gone. Do you have any
suggestions for how I might do exactly what you said before, only get it down
to one column?
Thank you sooooooooo much!!!

"Traci" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Put the formulas in column B.

Now, select column B.
Goto EditCopy
Then EditPaste SpecialValuesOK

This will convert the formulas to constants then you can delete column A.

Biff