JZip

Default Fill area beneath a scatter plot

Hi,
I'm producing scatter plots showing elevation change along state park
trails. It must be done on a scatter plot as the distances at which the data
was taken are not uniform...unless someone has another method that I haven't
thought of yet. I would like to fill the area beneath the plot to better
represent a cross section of the trail. In time we may elect to code the
fill area to represent soil types, geology, or surface firmness.
How can I fill the area beneath a scatter plot??
Thx in advance,
Jeff

JZip

Barb,
An area chart won't do it as the distances the data was taken at are
irregular. Unless I'm missing a way to have them behave the way I need.
Open to suggestions....
Thx.

Here's the data...plotting distance on the x axis and z(feet) on the y
distance z (feet)
0.00000 0
0.00789 3.28084
0.01531 6.56168