Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

Default Time format set from VBA

How do I go about setting the format of a cell to HH:MM from VBA?

I don't want the seconds showing. Just the Hour and Minutes. I have a
program that is collecting data and I need to fill one of the fields with the
time the data was taken. The worksheet is not setup ahead to pre-define the
cell formats. I need to format the cell as I'm putting the time into it.

Thanks for any help.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Mike

Range("BlahBlah").NumberFormat = "hh:mm"

Cells(lRow,ICol)NumberFormat = "hh:mm"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Mike" wrote in message
How do I go about setting the format of a cell to HH:MM from VBA?

I don't want the seconds showing. Just the Hour and Minutes. I have a
program that is collecting data and I need to fill one of the fields with the
time the data was taken. The worksheet is not setup ahead to pre-define the
cell formats. I need to format the cell as I'm putting the time into it.

Thanks for any help.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Mike,

The macro recorder is your friend. It would give you this when you format a cell for time, hours
and minutes:

Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm;@"

which could be changed to

Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm"
or
Selection.NumberFormat = "hh:mm"

and then you just usually need to change the Selection to a range object that you can use with your
code so that you don't select anything.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP