Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dmitry

Default How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I enter the = equal sign?

Hello!
How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I enter the =
equal sign? Clicking on it does not select it.
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
CLR

Default How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I en

I'm not sure what yo're trying to do Dmitry. If you type a equal sign in a
cell you are commencing to enter a formula.....and then if you left-click on
another cell and then press Enter, you have just asked Excel to bring the
value from that other cell and place it in the cell where you typed the equal
sign. This is a short-cut method instead of having to type the other cells
address. If this is not what you're trying to do, then please post back with
more details.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dmitry" wrote:

Hello!
How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I enter the =
equal sign? Clicking on it does not select it.
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Dmitry

Thanks Vaya con Dios for replying.
Yes, this is what I'm trying to do. But clicking on the cell to the left
does not select it and does not enter it's address to the formula. This
happens to some cells with data sometimes.
"CLR" сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
I'm not sure what yo're trying to do Dmitry. If you type a equal sign in

cell you are commencing to enter a formula.....and then if you left-click

on
another cell and then press Enter, you have just asked Excel to bring the
value from that other cell and place it in the cell where you typed the

equal
sign. This is a short-cut method instead of having to type the other

cells
address. If this is not what you're trying to do, then please post back

with
more details.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dmitry" wrote:

Hello!
How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I enter

the =
equal sign? Clicking on it does not select it.
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
CLR

Default How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where

You should be able to Left-click on A1, type AAA and press Enter. Then
Left-click on B1 and press = and then Left-click on A1 again and press Enter.
AAA should show up in B1, and the formula =A1 should show up in the formula
Bar when B1 is selected. If you cannot do this, then something is wrong. To
determine if the problem is with the file, or with your computer, try moving
the file to another computer and see if the problem moves with it. Also, try
opening a brand new Excel file on your computer and trying the above
exercize. If it don't work, then the problem is with your computer or your
install of Excel.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dmitry" wrote:

Thanks Vaya con Dios for replying.
Yes, this is what I'm trying to do. But clicking on the cell to the left
does not select it and does not enter it's address to the formula. This
happens to some cells with data sometimes.
"CLR" ц⌠ц▐ц▐ц┌ц²ц┴ц▄/ц⌠ц▐ц▐ц┌ц²ц┴ц▄ц│ ц≈ ц▌ц▐ц≈ц▐ц⌠ц■ц▒ц┬ ц⌠ц▄ц┘ц└ц∙ц─ц²ц┘ц┘:
I'm not sure what yo're trying to do Dmitry. If you type a equal sign in

cell you are commencing to enter a formula.....and then if you left-click

on
another cell and then press Enter, you have just asked Excel to bring the
value from that other cell and place it in the cell where you typed the

equal
sign. This is a short-cut method instead of having to type the other

cells
address. If this is not what you're trying to do, then please post back

with
more details.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dmitry" wrote:

Hello!
How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I enter

the =
equal sign? Clicking on it does not select it.
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Dmitry

Thanks Vaya con Dios for your suggestions.
Yes, the problem is with the file to another computer. The problem does not
exists with a brand new Excel file. How to prevent the problem happening?
The problem happens from time to time with different files.

"Dmitry" wrote:

Thanks Vaya con Dios for replying.
Yes, this is what I'm trying to do. But clicking on the cell to the left
does not select it and does not enter it's address to the formula. This
happens to some cells with data sometimes.
"CLR" OIIAYEI/OIIAYEIA ? II?IOONE

OIAAOAYAA:
[...]

Hello!