Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to copy down formulars into same column by a row left to righ

Try to copy down formulars into a column from a row from left to right
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you need to explain more, give an example of a formula
and what you mean by copying down from left to right?
My guess is that you want to copy a formula to the right in the same row but
somehow use the cells going down in a column

=INDEX($A:$A,COLUMNS($A:A))

will return what's in A1, A2, A3 and so on when copied to the right

Post back if that's not the case

Peo Sjoblom

"Holly" wrote in message
Try to copy down formulars into a column from a row from left to right

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to copy down formulars into same column by a row left to r

I try to copy all headings from one row in a tab, to a column in another tab,
I know how to do transpose paste from copy & paste function, but I need to
set up a formula in the column, so I could drag down the formula to get the
all headings if there's any changes in the headings.
Thanks, Holly

"Holly" wrote in message
Try to copy down formulars into a column from a row from left to right

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=INDEX($B$1:$P$1,,ROWS($A$1:A1))

copied down will return what's in B1, C1, D1 and so on until P1, adapt to
fit accordingly

Peo Sjoblom

"Holly" wrote in message
Try to copy down formulars into a column from a row from left to right

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if I use "INDEX($B$1:$P$1,,ROWS($A$1:A1))", I get #REF!, but if I change to
"INDEX($B$1:$P$1,,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)), I get the same results from B1 in all
cells when I drag down the formula.

"Holly" wrote in message
Try to copy down formulars into a column from a row from left to right

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula I gave will work, copied down it will give you the result
However you need to adapt it to your situation, does you headers start in
the
Do this test

put 1, 2 and 23 in B1, C1 and D1

then put

=INDEX($B$1:$P$1,,ROWS($A$1:A1))

in A1 and copy down to A3, now in A1 you should get 1, in A2 2 and in A3 3

Now adapt it to your spreadsheet

Peo Sjoblom