Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default ROUNDING

How do you round down to the nearest £0.25 please

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=ROUND(A1*4,0)/4

--
HTH

Bob

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
How do you round down to the nearest £0.25 please

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Bill,

Try =FLOOR(A1,0.25)

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Bill

Try
=FLOOR(A1,0.25)

to round up
=CEILING(A1,0.25)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
How do you round down to the nearest £0.25 please

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sorry, missed the down

=ROUNDDOWN(A1*4,0)/4
--
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=ROUND(A1*4,0)/4

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
How do you round down to the nearest £0.25 please

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel

=MROUND(A1-0.125,0.25)
Where A1 contains the number you wish to round. MROUND wil only round up,
subtracting 0.125 forces a correction.

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

How do you round down to the nearest £0.25 please

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Many thanks for your quick replies.