Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how do I attach a pdf with receipts to a cell or a spreadsheet?

I have receipts that I would like to add to a spreadsheet that are in pdf
format. I don't want them to appear as a picture on the spreadsheet itself,
but almost like a commnet, where you can click on a cell and see the pdf
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I guess by not displaying as a picture you mean not to show the file
contents, but rather a link.

To get these files in you should use insert file create from file, and
tick the box marked "display as icon" which will get the effect os a shortcut
rather like an emai attachment.

If you really do want it work from a cell then you would have to insert the
file elsewhere (eg an "attachments" worksheet and use a macro to display
this/these when a particular cell is selected. This sounds like more work
than necessary though, for what sounds like attaching your expenses receipts
to a claim.

--
Adam Vero
MCP, MOS Master, MLSS, CWNA