Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

Default How do I get Rid of the Circumflex Accent (Caret)

I am using Excel 2007 on a Windows 7 platform.

I have a spreadsheet with a bunch of blank cells but when I select any
of these cells I can see the caret (^) sign in them.

How do I get rid of them (i.e. blank out the fields) in a fell swoop?

I tried to use the Replace option (Find What: ^; Replace With: <blank)
but that does not work...
--
tb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:49:30 +0000 (UTC) schrieb tb:

I have a spreadsheet with a bunch of blank cells but when I select any
of these cells I can see the caret (^) sign in them.

that is a prefix for right aligned text.
Format the cells General.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See Claus's answer but I will add to it.

You must uncheck the Transition Options and I also believe your cells
have a non-visible space in them otherwise the caret would not be
visible.

Gord