Clbmgr

Default Remove empty rows in excel?

I have edited an excel worksheet by deleting rows of info. How do I get rid
of the empty rows
Ron de Bruin

Hi Clbmgr

You can't delete the rows, but you can hide them if you want
Select the rows and in the menubar

FormatRowHide

Or
Ctrl -

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Clbmgr" wrote in message ...
I have edited an excel worksheet by deleting rows of info. How do I get rid
of the empty rows

Don Guillett

Very OFTEN asked. Have you tried the archives?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Clbmgr" wrote in message
I have edited an excel worksheet by deleting rows of info. How do I get

rid
of the empty rows

Christopher Anderson

Try this macro:

Public Sub DeleteBlankRows()

Dim R As Long
Dim C As Range
Dim Rng As Range

On Error GoTo EndMacro
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If Selection.Rows.Count 1 Then
Set Rng = Selection
Else
Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows
End If
For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1
If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rng.Rows(R).E ntireRow) = 0 Then
Rng.Rows(R).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next R

EndMacro:

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

This will delete ALL completely blank rows in a workbook. If even one cell
contains info in the row it will not be deleted.

CHRISTOPHER

"Clbmgr" wrote:

I have edited an excel worksheet by deleting rows of info. How do I get rid
of the empty rows

Ron de Bruin

After reading CHRISTOPHER his answer I think i misunderstood you See this page
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleti...eleteBlankRows

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Clbmgr" wrote in message ...
I have edited an excel worksheet by deleting rows of info. How do I get rid
of the empty rows

Gord Dibben

Do you mean you "cleared contents" on these rows and now you want to eliminate
the empty rows?

Select a column and F5SpecialBlanksOK

EditDeleteEntire Row

Gord Dibben Excel MVP