mjk

Default How change Excel default date format to something useful

I use Excel 2003 and the default date display is dd-mmm; no year (ex;
23-Mar; a European format (?) that is not useful for people in the US or at
least to me at all). How do I change the default format to dispay year (2
digit) or any year information. All Excel default date help only gives
information on defaults that are not displayed with Excel 2003 (i.e., not
useful).
Gord Dibben

StartSettingsControl PanelLanguage and Regional Settings is where Excel
gets its short date format from.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP