Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default find a cell with a character

I need a way to find the cell containing ":" in a row and copy it to a new
column.

I would think it should be simple, I just can't figure it out right now.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The value function returned a decimal, probably some fraction of the day on
January 1st 1900. So if it is the same as it rounded (I suppose I could have
used INT but I used ROUND instead) then it is not the cell I'm looking for.
So I ended up with a string of IFs, luckily it was only four columns.

I'm sure there has to be a better way.