Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Largo

Default How do I change one repeated word in the spreadsheet to another?

If I've used a word multiple times in a worksheet and want to change them all
to another word. ie: all words"exhibit" changed to "show". How can I do this?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

Use Edit | Replace (or CTRL-H). Type exhibit in the Find What box, type
show in the Replace With box and click Replace All.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

Sorry, I should have said highlight the block of cells first, then
CTRL-H.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Largo

CTRL + a(twice in Ver. 2003) to select all cells.

EditReplace

What: exhibit
With: show

In options check "match entire cell contents" or not depending upon if
"exhibit" is in cells with other text or by itself.

Replace all

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:22:02 -0800, "Largo"
wrote:

If I've used a word multiple times in a worksheet and want to change them all
to another word. ie: all words"exhibit" changed to "show". How can I do this?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier

Ctrl+H

Dave

"Largo" wrote:

If I've used a word multiple times in a worksheet and want to change them all
to another word. ie: all words"exhibit" changed to "show". How can I do this?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wjohnson

Select the column('s) and go to EDIT - Find and Replace

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640