Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mm mm is offline

Default Text data -- linking Excel sheets

Say if I am surveying 10 people and am asking 5 questions of each and those
questions have a text answer (i.e. a sentence or phrase).

1. In Excel 2000, can a master sheet be created listing the text answers to
Question 1 from the Excel sheets of the 10 different people? I know this is
done with numeric data but I need to know for text.

2. If Excel 2000 can't, how about 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Yes, you can reference text cells in other sheets (like sheet1!B2) just like
you can reference numeric cells.