Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Meacham

Default Create a button that will date stamp todays date in a cell

I want to create a button that when clicked will enter todays date in the
selected cell. Basically a date stamp button. I tried doing a macro but it
did not work for me. I know the shortcut of ctrl+; to enter a date but I
have others using the worksheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Create a button from the Forms command bar, and assign to it the
following macro:

Sub TimeStamp()
ActiveCell.Value = Int(Now)

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Tom Meacham" wrote in message
I want to create a button that when clicked will enter todays
date in the selected cell. Basically a date stamp button. I
tried doing a macro but it did not work for me. I know the
shortcut of ctrl+; to enter a date but I have others using the
worksheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

or just
ActiveCell.Value = Date
<vbg

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Or if you wanted to put the date in several cells......<G

Selection.Value = Date

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message