Steve Lindsay

Default calculating timesheet, time-in/time-out = total hours & minutes, .

Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and minutes
worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the calculated daily
time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through hoops so
far. Any ideas/suggestions?
Jason Morin

See Chip Pearson's site for an example timesheet:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the

hours and minutes
worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow

the calculated daily
time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump

through hoops so
far. Any ideas/suggestions?
.

Steve Lindsay

Frank,
Thank you that was exactly what I need. Thank you again.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
as starting point:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Steve Lindsay" <Steve schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and

minutes
worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the

calculated daily
time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through

hoops so
far. Any ideas/suggestions?

Tony

Hi Frank,

what have I to do, if I want to display in the summary of total hours more
than 24 hours? I have created my own timesheet and if I have in the summary
of total hours more than 24, it doesn't work correctly.

Thanks.

Tony

Frank Kabel pÃ*Å¡e:

Hi
as starting point:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Steve Lindsay" <Steve schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and

minutes
worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the

calculated daily
time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through

hoops so
far. Any ideas/suggestions?

George Nicholson

How are your cells formatted?

Under FormatCellsNumberTime: "37:30:55" would display 120:30:00 for 5
days, 30 minutes.
This is the same as FormatCellsNumberCustom: [h]:mm:ss

Alternatively, the John Walkenbach sheet that Frank directed you to uses a
Custom format [h]:mm. This would display as 120:30

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

Frank Kabel píse:

Hi
as starting point:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Steve Lindsay" <Steve schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and

minutes
worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the

calculated daily
time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through

hoops so
far. Any ideas/suggestions?

Tony

Thank you George for your support. Now it works properly.

Best regards

Tony

George Nicholson pÃ*Å¡e:

"Tony" wrote in message
Hi Frank,

what have I to do, if I want to display in the summary of total hours more
than 24 hours? I have created my own timesheet and if I have in the
summary
of total hours more than 24, it doesn't work correctly.

Thanks.

Tony

Frank Kabel pÃ*se:

Hi
as starting point:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Steve Lindsay" <Steve schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and
minutes
worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the
calculated daily
time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through
hoops so
far. Any ideas/suggestions?

S Barnes

Default calculating timesheet, time-in/time-out = total hours & minute

To cut a long story short, I have used the [h]:mm format to solve the same
problem of calculating time over 24 hours. Just wondered what exactly the []
do??

Regards

Simon