Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why are my page layout options grayed out?

I am new to the 2007 version and cannot figure out why MARGINS, ORIENTATION,
and SIZE are grayed out under the Page Layout tab. I have tried copying and
pasting to new workbook but still not working. Any suggestions?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Why are my page layout options grayed out?

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your page layout options in Excel 2007. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Check if your worksheet is protected: If your worksheet is protected, you won't be able to change the page layout options. To check if your worksheet is protected, go to the Review tab and see if the "Protect Sheet" button is highlighted. If it is, click on it and enter the password to unprotect the sheet.
  2. Check if you're in Page Break Preview mode: If you're in Page Break Preview mode, some of the page layout options will be grayed out. To check if you're in this mode, go to the View tab and see if the "Page Break Preview" button is highlighted. If it is, click on it to switch back to Normal view.
  3. Check if you're in a chart or object: If you're working with a chart or object, some of the page layout options may be grayed out. To check if you're in a chart or object, click on the chart or object and see if the "Chart Tools" or "Object Tools" tab appears in the ribbon. If it does, click on the "Format" tab and see if the page layout options are available there.
  4. Check if your Excel version is up to date: If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that your Excel version is outdated and needs to be updated. To check for updates, go to the File tab and click on "Help." Then click on "Check for Updates" and follow the prompts to update your Excel version.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have a printer installed? Excel does not find it necessary to make
these options available if you do not.

"Starling" wrote:

I am new to the 2007 version and cannot figure out why MARGINS, ORIENTATION,
and SIZE are grayed out under the Page Layout tab. I have tried copying and
pasting to new workbook but still not working. Any suggestions?

Junior Member

Smile Excel page layout grayed?

Select ur working printer as default.