Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Cheers100

Default How do I quickly enter the same number into different cells?

I am entering a "1" into various cells (collating answers from
questionnaires). Is it possible to fill the cell with just a mouse click
rather than having to type in number 1 each time? Many thanks for your help.
Mel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary''s Student

Here's a neat trick:

Hi-light all the cells you want to enter.
type 1 and then CNTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

You will fill all the cells at once
--
Gary's Student

"Cheers100" wrote:

I am entering a "1" into various cells (collating answers from
questionnaires). Is it possible to fill the cell with just a mouse click
rather than having to type in number 1 each time? Many thanks for your help.
Mel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ken Wright

CTRL+ENTER will do it