Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yinone

Default Are different column widths possible on the same worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Absolutely.

Either set them using FormatColumnWidth, or just move the cursor to the
right of the cell header, where it changes to a black cross, and click and
drag.

--

HTH

RP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

Of course, had you tried you would have known the answer without asking.
However, you may NOT have part of the column one width and another part of
the SAME column a different width. Perhaps that was really your question.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Unless you mean different widths within the same column.

Width is a property of the entire column and cannot be changed at random areas
in that column.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:17:53 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Absolutely.

Either set them using FormatColumnWidth, or just move the cursor to the
right of the cell header, where it changes to a black cross, and click and
drag.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Bob

My post was directed towards OP, not yourself.

Sorry I tacked onto your post.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:56:55 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Yes I know, but the OP's sparse did not suggest that was the question.

Bob

.. .

wrote:

Absolutely.

Either set them using FormatColumnWidth, or just move the cursor to the
right of the cell header, where it changes to a black cross, and click

and
drag.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yinone

Yes, my question was not very clear but I did mean within the same column.
Thankyou for the responses' everyone, this forum was very helpful!