Joe_G

Default Not Enough Rows in Excel

I never thought I would run out of space in Excel however, lately I have
been needing more rows than what excel will allow me. I have found that
Excel allows for only 65,536 rows and no more.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to extend that. Are there any
programs that will increase the amount of rows allowed? I am thinking I
would need around 150,000 rows.

Thanks

--
Joe_G
Joe_G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27484

swatsp0p

You have, as I see it, three options:

Use QuatroPro (1 million rows)
Use additional sheets for your data
Use a database instead of Excel

There are NO workarounds to the 65536 row per sheet limit in Excel.

Good Luck!

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469982

Ian

The only workaround is to continue onto another sheet.

--
Ian
--

I never thought I would run out of space in Excel however, lately I have
been needing more rows than what excel will allow me. I have found that
Excel allows for only 65,536 rows and no more.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to extend that. Are there any
programs that will increase the amount of rows allowed? I am thinking I
would need around 150,000 rows.

Thanks

--
Joe_G
Joe_G's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469982

Ken Wright

Nope. If you are using it as data storage then you might want to consider
using Access to store the data, and you can then query the table with Excel
using Pivot tables or Query etc.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Joe_G" wrote in
message ...

I never thought I would run out of space in Excel however, lately I have
been needing more rows than what excel will allow me. I have found that
Excel allows for only 65,536 rows and no more.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to extend that. Are there any
programs that will increase the amount of rows allowed? I am thinking I
would need around 150,000 rows.

Thanks

--
Joe_G
Joe_G's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469982

Timothy L

Start another Worksheet.

Insert a new worksheet

These instructions in the link above are for Microsoft Excel 2003, but should work in other versions of
Microsoft Excel.

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

"Joe_G" wrote in message

I never thought I would run out of space in Excel however, lately I have
been needing more rows than what excel will allow me. I have found that
Excel allows for only 65,536 rows and no more.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to extend that. Are there any
programs that will increase the amount of rows allowed? I am thinking I
would need around 150,000 rows.

Thanks

--
Joe_G
Joe_G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27484
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469982

Joe_G

Thanks for the advice. I will look into some alternative programs.

--
Joe_G
Joe_G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27484
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469982

Roger Govier

Hi Joe

Not much help at the moment, but when Excel 12 is eventually released, then
according to information released by Microsoft today,

"Specifically, the Excel 12 grid will be 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns.
That’s 1,500% more rows and 6,300% more columns than in Excel 2003,
and for those of you that are curious, columns now end at XFD instead of IV."

Regards

Roger Govier