Ian Roberts

Default How do I count how many times x appears in a column?

Hi

I have a table comprised of Y's and N's (which represent yes/no answers to
questions and categories).

I need to find the total number of Y's in each column.

I thought this would be simple but I've hit a wall!

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.

Ian

Niek Otten

Hi Ian,

=COUNTIF(A3:A13,"Y")

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Ian Roberts" wrote in message

Hi

I have a table comprised of Y's and N's (which represent yes/no answers to
questions and categories).

I need to find the total number of Y's in each column.

I thought this would be simple but I've hit a wall!

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.

Ian

Ian Roberts