Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't Open a Read-Only file in Excel 03

I have one computer that will not open a Read-Only file. The error says "Cant
open because the file is Read-Only or Encrypted." This is true, the file is a
read-only, but that is what i want. I do not want it to open without being
read-only on that computer. i sure it is a setting, but i can not find it.
Any help would be great. Thanks.