Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 2003 vs 2007 Chart problem

When using Excel 2003 I asked this question:

"I have a sheet with 2 charts which get their data from some
calculated cells that I'd really like to hide, but when I hide them,
the chart dissappears. Even making the columns 0 width does this"

....and this was the answer that worked for me:

"You need to change the properties of the chart object.
Hold the SHIFT key whilst selecting the chart. This should give you a
set of white square handles. Press <CTRL+1 to bring up the format
dialog. On the Properties dialog select the option Do not move & size
with cells.
Now when you hide the columns the chart should remain in view. But,
you may find the data in the chart vanishes. In which case select the
chart and use the menu Tools Options. On the Chart tab uncheck the
Plot visible cells only"

However if I use these key strokes in 2007 I don't get the same.

Am I doing something wrong or did this cange?

Thanks
Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

For 2007 select the chart. On the Format Tab in the Size group click the
dialog launcher (arrow bottom right).
This will bring up a dialog so you can adjust the size and move properties.

On the Design tab in the Data group click Select Data. There is a Hidden and
Empty cells button on the select source data dialog.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"neil40" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On 7 Sep, 08:33, "Andy Pope" wrote:
[...]

Neil- Hide quoted text -

Cheers Andy.
2007 was supposed to be easier! That was tucked away compared to
2003!!!

Neil