Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I average cells that contain #DIV/01?

i am using the follow formula to average cells and not average blank cells or
a 0.00

=AVERAGE(IF(B2:E2<0,B2:E2,""))

This portion of the formula works great. The issue that I have is I also
have to average cells G2:G21 to provide me with an average of the overall.
So to give you an example if B2 has 89.00 and C2 thru E2 are blank or zero,
it gives me the average for that line of 89.00. But when I try to average
G2:G21 it will not calculate due to some cells containing #DIV/0!

I have tried the following formula to no success:

=AVERAGE(IF(G2:G210,G2:G21))

I have also try ctrl+shift+enter and still get the result of #DIV/0. Any
help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Pullge" wrote:
But when I try to average G2:G21 it will not calculate due
to some cells containing #DIV/0!

If you are using Excel 2003 or earlier, try:

=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(G2:G21),IF(G2:G21<0,G2:G21)) )

There may be a better way to do this in Excel 2007. But I am not familiar
with Excel 2007.

I have also try ctrl+shift+enter and still get the result of #DIV/0.

__Always__ use ctrl+shift+Enter instead of Enter when inputing that formula.
It is an array formula.

If you make a mistake, simply select the cell, press F2, then press
ctrl+shift+Enter.