Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Very slow using SaveAs in Excel (and other Office apps)

When I create a new file (or save one I've opened -- say as an attachment in
an email) in a specified directory with a new name it takes forever. Each
time I choose a subdirectry I have a long wait (play solitaire!) until can
choose then next leve in the nest of subdirectories. Why is that? Using
Explorer doesn't take that kind of time.
--
Philip