Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
egattocs

Default Matching Picture to Reference

Hi

I've been using Excel a good few years now, but never in great depth.

I'm not sure how to sort through some data I have. Basically I'm
setting up an Excel sheet to list all the products we sell (so far
27,000), I have images to go with these products. I'm trying to enter
the image filename along side the product.

All the images are named with the part number, which is in the excel
sheet. It's easy enough to create the file name, I just Concatenate the
Product Ref with a field with the contents of '.jpg'. However, not all
of the products have an image to go with it, in this case I need to
leave the field blank.

I know there are programs available to download which can give you a
list of the contents of a directory in Excel format, but this doesn't
come in the same order as the 27000 products that I have in the
Worksheet. So I'm left with the problem of having to sift through 27000
lines of data, checking that each one has an image to go with it.
Basically, what I'm asking is is there a simpler way of doing this?

I hope this makes sense, and that someone is able to help.

Many thanks in advance
Scott

--
egattocs
egattocs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35412

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=480860

Was an answer given to me, which works and also inserts the picture by
the side of the name (maybe a bonus!)

I can take no credit for the macro as Dave Peterson Wrote it for me

Hope it helps

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
egattocs

Hi Dav

Thanks very much for this. I will try it out!

Thanks again
Scott