Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Formats being lost

I thought I'd posted this earlier but I can't find it!

We have a number of spreadsheets that seem to be losing their cell formats
when they are saved. The user updates the files and saves to the Excel 2007
format. Everything appreas normal, but when the files are opened various
cells lose their formatting. The users are fairly competant with Excel which
would suggest it is not user error. It could be a coincidence, but I don't
recall this being an issue before Office SP2 was rolled out. It's very
random. The files in use have been around for years and worked consistantly
until now.

I'm stumped. I can't find musch about this on the net except an issue where
the normal style has a date default number - something we have also found on
thses files. My feeling is that perhaps the styles table is getting
corrupted and Excel cannot apply a style, but that's me grasping at straws.
Any help would be apprciated.