Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default to calculate the difference between sign in and signout time in minutes.

I need help with formating the time with colon when time entered
without colon in to two different columns. Then calculate the
difference between two times.
For example:

enter in colum A Colum B
difference (in minutes)

850 converts to 08:50 855 convets to 08:55
5
855 08:55 900 09:00
5
1150 11:50 1158 11:58
8

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks
GG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default to calculate the difference between sign in and signout time in mi

Format Column A and Column B as 00\:00

Formula in C1 =B1-A1 Format as general

" wrote:

I need help with formating the time with colon when time entered
without colon in to two different columns. Then calculate the
difference between two times.
For example:

enter in colum A Colum B
difference (in minutes)

850 converts to 08:50 855 convets to 08:55
5
855 08:55 900 09:00
5
1150 11:50 1158 11:58
8

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks
GG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:

I need help with formating the time with colon when time entered
without colon in to two different columns. Then calculate the
difference between two times.
For example:

enter in colum A Colum B
difference (in minutes)

850 converts to 08:50 855 convets to 08:55
5
855 08:55 900 09:00
5
1150 11:50 1158 11:58
8

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks
GG

I tried this. But the problem is it does not calculate the difference correctly.

For example: 08:55 and 09:00, it gives me the difference of 45 instead
of 5.

Thanks a bunch.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Changing the Formatting will not change the values stored in the cells
which are used in the calculation, so the values will not be treated as
times. If A1 = 850 and B1 = 915 the result would be 65, not 25.