Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default some missing gridlines

I've been fooling around with the new version of Excel. While I was checking
my data I had some lines highlighted and some lines with different coloured
fonts. Once I had finished checking, I selected all and removed the
highlights and font colours so everything looks uniform (no highlights, all
black font). However, the background gridlines have disappeared from some
cells (but not all cells).

I went through Excel Options Advanced checked gridlines.

In the Show/Hide box on the ribbon (?), gridlines is also ticked.

Why are some of the gridlines missing?

How can I get them back?!?!?

Thanks,

buggirl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

buggirl wrote:
> Thank you! A simple answer - wonderful!
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>If you set the cell background or pattern to "white" instead of "no
>>color" this will cover up the grid lines.
>>
>>buggirl wrote:
>>

>>>I've been fooling around with the new version of Excel. While I was checking
>>>my data I had some lines highlighted and some lines with different coloured
>>>fonts. Once I had finished checking, I selected all and removed the
>>>highlights and font colours so everything looks uniform (no highlights, all
>>>black font). However, the background gridlines have disappeared from some
>>>cells (but not all cells).
>>>
>>>I went through Excel Options > Advanced > checked gridlines.
>>>
>>>In the Show/Hide box on the ribbon (?), gridlines is also ticked.
>>>
>>>Why are some of the gridlines missing?
>>>
>>>How can I get them back?!?!?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>buggirl

THANK YOU! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND TRIED THINGS ON MY OWN WITH NO SUCCESS. YOUR TIP WORKED IN 1 SECOND! JAN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi!!
My Grid lines appear and disappear when I scroll up and down. I downloaded it to excel and some lines are gone and some aren't. Do you have any other tips for me? I went through all the boxes and reset the color so none are white.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

some grid lines not showing in excel no problem see the video and know how to solve this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFlcUWXMVE
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is an olf forum but my solution was that I didn't realise that the preceding cell had spaces after the text, that were 'leaking' into the following cell creating the illusion of a missing gridline.
The solution for me was to delete those spaces, or to change the text wrapping so that they were hidden behind the cell/gridline instead of in front of it.

Hope this helps someone looking around for this weirdly specific problem!