Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pasko1

Default Calculate gross profit based on varying percentages

I am trying to calculate, based on a known product cost, what the gross sales
and gross profit dollars would be as a result of different GP percentages.

I.E. Here is some data for my company's products:

Sales Cost GP $ GP %
$208,400 $197,354 $11,046 5.3%
$201,786 $191,066 $10,720 5.3%
$89,421 $82,452 $6,969 7.8%
$78,808 $71,891 $6,917 8.8%
$63,114 $58,706 $4,407 7.0%

If I wanted to figure out how much the GP $ and Sales were for the first row
using a GP % of 22%, for example, how could I calculate them? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim May

Input =F2/(1-0.22) in E2 and copy down
where a1:d6 is:
Sales Cost GP$ GP%
$208,400 $197,354 $11,046 5.30%
$201,786 $191,066 $10,720 5.30%
$89,421 $82,452 $6,969 7.80%
$78,808 $71,891 $6,917 8.80%
$63,114 $58,706 $4,407 7.00%

HTH,

"Pasko1" wrote:

I am trying to calculate, based on a known product cost, what the gross sales
and gross profit dollars would be as a result of different GP percentages.

I.E. Here is some data for my company's products:

Sales Cost GP $ GP %
$208,400 $197,354 $11,046 5.3%
$201,786 $191,066 $10,720 5.3%
$89,421 $82,452 $6,969 7.8%
$78,808 $71,891 $6,917 8.8%
$63,114 $58,706 $4,407 7.0%

If I wanted to figure out how much the GP $ and Sales were for the first row
using a GP % of 22%, for example, how could I calculate them? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim May

make that:
Input =B2/(1-0.22) in E2 and copy down