Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sara

Default can I draw a semi log graph using exel 2000?

can I draw a semi log graph using exel 2000? ( for example changing the x
axis )
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm

Right-click on the x-axis, choose "Format Axis." In "Scale," check the box
"Logarithmic Scale," then OK. You will have a graph with a logarithmic
x-axis and linear y-axis (semi-log).

Incidentally, Excel will point out to you (over and over again!) if any
logarthimically-plotted values are zero or negative, or if the minimum of the
axis scale is set to zero or below.

"sara" wrote:

can I draw a semi log graph using exel 2000? ( for example changing the x
axis )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Middleton

sara -

The only Excel chart type that allows a logarithmic X axis is the XY
(Scatter) chart type.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com