Tamas Nagy

Default worksheet size in bytes

Hi Everybody,

is there any algorythm/function to know the size of given excel
worksheet in byte?

Tamas

--
Tamas Nagy
Tamas Nagy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28000

Jim Rech

I think you'd have to save the worksheet in question as its own workbook.
While you could add up all the characters in all the cells that's only a
part of the picture given that many other things are part of the sheet,
formatting for instance.

--
Jim
"Tamas Nagy" wrote

| Hi Everybody,
|
| is there any algorythm/function to know the size of given excel
| worksheet in byte?
|
| Tamas
|

| --
| Tamas Nagy
| Tamas Nagy's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475020

Tamas Nagy

Thanks for the reply,

the problem is that I have a very large excel file (mainly because of
the formats), and I have to choose the biggest one, trying to reduce
them.
The file has more than 300 sheets, so the "manual" saving as a sole
sheet is not feasible. That is the reason why I have to get a
algorythmical solution in code (the savings requires lots of time).