Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Boon8888

Default Discontinuous lines in series due to gaps in data points

Sorry, the title probably sounds a little confusing, but hopefully my
problem is a quick fix.

I have some charts, and in them about 6 different series. Along the x
axis, is a bunch of different values, and each series has some values
corresponding to some of the x axis values, but not all.

So basically right now, some series have gaps, and rather than connect
the gaps with a line, Excel seems to just leave a gap in the series,
and continue again at the next data point.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying. Is there an easy way to just
fill in these series gaps with a straight line connect the two closest
data points to make the series continuous?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Boon8888
Boon8888's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30647

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Boon

Excel lets you choose how you want to plot empty cells.

To change your setting for your chart,

1. Activate your chart
2. Goto Tools Options and select he way you want Excel to handle your
empty cells. From your post, it sounds like you have Not Plotted (Leave
gaps) option selected. If so, just change your selection to interpolate.

The is an important caveat to this, if your data range has a formula, the
cell is not empty even though the cell appears blank. Check to see if you
have formulas in the data series with gaps. If yes, then you will need to
make sure that the formula gives an NA() instead of "" .

I have a simple how-to on plotting missing data at this link.
http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_missing_data.htm

...Kelly

"Boon8888" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Boon8888

thanks very much. Ya, I'm stupid, I never thought to check the options.
Thanks a lot, it all works now.