Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default AUTO FIT not WORKING properly. Does not shrink row to fit

Hello,
MS EXCEL 2003 on XP PRO.

Have a document with a lot of rows and I want to autofit the rows to take up
the least space possible. I know how to do this both in EXCEL and using vba
(rows(1:2).entirerow.autofit etc) But it's not working. I have some rows
of data that clearly fit on one line but the autofit is forcing the row to 2
lines tall.

Any idea on how to fix this? there are No alt-enters (chr(10)) there are no
hidden data in other cells. I can't figure it out.

Thanks.
--
BlueWolverine
MSE - Mech. Eng.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I had a worksheet with cells which autosized much wider or taller than
necessary. The problem turned out to be the font, which was Courier. When I
changed the font to Arial, autosizing worked as expected. Not sure if your
problem has a similar cause, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"BlueWolverine" wrote:

Hello,
MS EXCEL 2003 on XP PRO.

Have a document with a lot of rows and I want to autofit the rows to take up
the least space possible. I know how to do this both in EXCEL and using vba
(rows(1:2).entirerow.autofit etc) But it's not working. I have some rows
of data that clearly fit on one line but the autofit is forcing the row to 2
lines tall.

Any idea on how to fix this? there are No alt-enters (chr(10)) there are no
hidden data in other cells. I can't figure it out.

Thanks.
--
BlueWolverine
MSE - Mech. Eng.
Go BLUE!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The font in the document is in Times New Roman and changing it to Arial does
not fix my autofit problem.

Any other Ideas?
--
BlueWolverine